Weekly Football Quiz #2 - FIFA World Cup May 22, 2020 22:28:28 GMT
Post by bigfudge on May 22, 2020 22:28:28 GMT
1. Who is the only UEFA Nation to have taken part in the qualifying stages for every single World Cup?
2. Which country was the first to wear names on the back of their shirts in a World Cup tournament?
3. Which country has been to the World Cup 8 times but has never once made it past the 1st Round?
4. Any of the Four players to have been to 5 World Cups?
5. What happened in a 2006 game between Australia and Croatia that has never happened in any other World Cup game?
6. The highest scoring game in World Cup finals history was in 1982 and finished 10-1, which 2 teams were involved?
7. In World Cup Qualifying, Australia acheived the highest ever score in a single international game against American Samoa. What was the final score?
8. What is the only World Cup finals that every single Home Nations team (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) qualified?
9. When was the tournament first hosted in Africa and which nation were the hosts?
10. As of 2018 only 3 African Teams have made it to the Quarter Finals of the World Cup, which 3 teams did this and in which years?
11. England's first ever appearance in the World Cup in 1950 saw them crash out in the group stage, who did they get their only win against in the tournament and by what score?
12. Who won the Golden Boot at the 1990 World Cup in Italy, despite only making the squad due to injuries?
13. Why was Stuart Pearce's free-kick goal against the Netherlands at Italia 90 disallowed?
14. England temporarily lost the World Cup trophy in 1966 but which country lost it permanently?
15. Name all 8 Winning Nations of the World Cup.